Error when trying to configure business object

Author
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi All.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just got a new laptop (windows 7 - I HATE it!) and, doesn't it figure, I am having issues (as usued to configure the business objects and got this erroral). I copied a project from my desktop and tried to configure the business objects and got this error:

UnauthorizedAccessException
  Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicroFour\Mapper' is denied.

Source     : mscorlib

Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, Object registrySecurityObj, RegistryOptions registryOptions)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderBODialog.ᜀ()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderBODialog.ᜁ()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderBODialog..ctor(Int32 BusinessObjectPK, String BusinessObjectName, DTEprojectsBO ProjectsBO)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderDialog.ᜀ(TreeNode A_0)

Now, I can figure out what is causing the error - the specified key does not exist in the registry. Also, after the error occurs, I cannot close the BOM.

So what do I do to fix it?

TIA

-- Marcia
Edited 13 Years Ago by Marcia G Akins
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Marcia,
Since this is a new computer with Windows 7 (which I love it btw Hehe) make sure you run VS as Administrator so everything running from the VS menu will use the Administrator rights.

Happy Thanksgiving you all!!!

Edhy Rijo

Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Edhy Rijo (11/24/2011)
Since this is a new computer with Windows 7 (which I love it btw Hehe) make sure you run VS as Administrator so everything running from the VS menu will use the Administrator rights.

Thanks, Edhy! That did the trick. The error sure was misleading!

-- Marcia
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...