Initialization failure

Author
Leonard P.
StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Hi,
I have been having problems with StrataFrame install on one dev. machine. It seems to be an issue specific to that machine only, as I am using SF on VPC and my laptop without any issues. But on the machine in question, I cant get SF install to complete successfully. Also when I try to run or install any SF applications, I get the same error. The error simply says "{Application name} has encountered a problem and needs to close... " :

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/30aef1b1-a190-411d-94fa-88c8.png

I tried just about everything: reinstalled strataframe, ran different uninstall and registry/files cleaning utilities, made sure all SF assemblies, files are removed, etc., but nothing worked.  The next step I am considering is to rebuild this Dev. machine.

But before I do that, I wanted to give it one more shot:

I created a test SF application "Hello World" style app, I made all SF reference to use "Local Copy" assembly as opposed to GAC, and created Deployment package for it. I also included Source code in the deployment package.
Then I ran this deployment package on the dev. machine, it installed successfully. When I tried  to launch the app, I got that error, but I was able to go into the debug mode and see the line where it's failing and get detailed Exception info. I pasted all the relevant info below. Any ideas what is causing this error, and how to resolve it? Thanks for you help.

It fails on

"StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication();"

Exception info.

System.Management.ManagementException was unhandled
  Message="Initialization failure "
  Source="System.Management"
  StackTrace:
       at System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start()
       at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.ComputerInfo.get_OSManagementBaseObject()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.ComputerInfo.get_OSFullName()
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.GradientFormHeader..ctor()
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.GradientFormHeader..ctor(IContainer Container)
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.ApplicationErrorwindow.InitializeComponent()
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.ApplicationErrorwindow..ctor(Exception Ex)
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.ShowThreadExceptionForm(Exception Ex)
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication()
       at SFTest.Program.Main() in C:\..\Program.cs:line 38
  InnerException:
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Could it be a display driver issue? Have you tried running it on Compatibility mode and try different settings?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...