Deal with Deployment Data being empty

Author
Jim Schepflin
StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Added the tables for Messaging, then set up Deployment Data tasks (In a possibly misguided attempt to distribute the messages that I will be creating).

Fails on deployment, apparently trying to insert into the tables (I don't have data in them yet).

Seems to be more polite to either do nothing rather than try to insert nothing, or to log something such as "No data available to deploy to table XXX" as an info message.

Getting:

An error occurred while creating a stored procedure.

ExecuteNonQuery failed for Database 'MyDatabaseName'

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.

An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for em...

Also would be nicer if it indicated which table it's trying to deploy to in the message, I happen to know it's the deployment data since I don't have any stored procedures to deploy yet

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Does it fail during the deployment of the data or does it fail during the packaging of the data?  You will know the difference between deploying and packaging by if the error comes before or after the deployment process asks for your username/password and server to deploy to (packaging comes before, deployment comes after).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...