StrataFrame is no longer activated

Author
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi All.

I am really hosed!

Yesterday, I had to re-install and re-activate StrataFrame on my desktop computer at home. Now I am getting this error when I try to use the BO mapper on the machine that I am using at my consulting gig:

Because of the firewall here at the consulting gig, when I click next, I get this error:

I have a manual activation file that Trent sent me some months ago because of this problem. But because of the firewall issues, I cannot even get to the point of using it.

Both machine are using the same USB NIC so I do not understand why this is happening.

Can anyone help?

TIA.

Marcia
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Hello.

Here I am talking to myself again. Well, I discovered what the problem was. When I got back from the Christmas holidays, I put my USB NIC in the wrong port so the MAC address was different from the one in the license file.

Now everything is hunky dory again.

I posted this just in case someone else runs into this issue - now he or she will have a solution.

Happy new year everyone!
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Marcia,

Marcia G Akins (1/3/2012)
...Well, I discovered what the problem was. When I got back from the Christmas holidays, I put my USB NIC in the wrong port so the MAC address was different from the one in the license file.

Thanks for sharing this information but something else may be happening in this case because the MAC address is unique and embeded in the device, it should not change by connecting the USB NIC into a different port otherwise the SF licensing would not work in different computers when using a USB NIC.

Glad it is working now for you.

Edhy Rijo

Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Edhy Rijo (1/3/2012)

Thanks for sharing this information but something else may be happening in this case because the MAC address is unique and embeded in the device, it should not change by connecting the USB NIC into a different port otherwise the SF licensing would not work in different computers when using a USB NIC.

Glad it is working now for you.

Well, that is certainly what it looks like from this end. I haven't tried using Strataframe on my machine at home since this happened. I guess I better check tonight when I get home and see if I have problems there...

Thanks for the response Edhy and Happy new Year!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...