Inherited devex controls in loginform

Author
Mariusz Mol
StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
In my application i cant add devexpress controlls to login forms.
After add microfour devex.textedit i 've got exception in line shown below

e.ShowMainForm = Login.ShowLoginAndAuthUser(True)

This is strange for me because when i set normal textbox in login form i can normaly use inherited controls in my application in other forms.
i use .net4.0, devexpres 11.2 and microfour 1.7.0.0

why in reference in error message is devex version 10.1

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled by user code
  Message=Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  Source=mscorlib
  StackTrace:
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Login.ShowLoginAndAuthUser(Boolean AllowCancel)
       at E_rail.AppMain.ShowLoginAndInitMainForm(ShowLoginAndInitFormEventArgs e) in D:\software\PLUS\E-rail\E-rail\AppMain.vb:line 120
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication()
  InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
       FileName=DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1, Version=10.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a
       FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = LaptopACM\Mariusz
LOG: DisplayName = DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1, Version=10.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/software/PLUS/E-rail/E-rail/bin/Release/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\software\PLUS\E-rail\E-rail\bin\Release\E-rail.vshost.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file: 
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1, Version=10.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1, Version=10.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku.
       Source=E-rail
       StackTrace:
            at E_rail.LoginForm.InitializeComponent()
            at E_rail.LoginForm..ctor()
       InnerException: 

If somebody can help me ill be happy BigGrin
best regards
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users

Hi Mariusz,

The problem is that you have to compile the "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI" with the current DevExpress assemblies so it will use what you have now.  The assembly "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" you are using is pre-compiled with DevEx version 10.1.

If you have no experience compiling StrataFrame source code follow these suggestion:
  1. Close VS and any SF project.
  2. Use DevExpress Project Converter to update the assemblies of the SF Inherited solution with your version of DevExpress.  In my computer it is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code
  3. Open MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.sln solution, Build the Solution and then make sure the new assembly "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" is in the GAC, sometimes it may not get updated and you would have to manually remove it from GAC "C:\Windows\Assemblies" and then repeat step 3.
  4. Open your SF solution, remove the "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" assembly from the reference and add it again so it will use your current DevExpress assemblies.
Good luck!

Edhy Rijo

Edited 12 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Mariusz Mol
Mariusz Mol
StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks so much

I did exactly as written. In gac was older version. 

Now everything works perfect BigGrin
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Mariusz Mol (2/3/2012)
Now everything works perfect BigGrin

Glad it works Hehe and by the way, welcome to the forums!!! there is a lot of information here to help all of us, so feel free to search the forums to help you move forward with your SF adventure.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...