How to display empty dates in ListView?

Author
Larry Tucker
StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)StrataFrame User (135 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Well, I'm back to SF after a few years and some other adventures (an Ironspeed web app, some data mining experience...) and am converting a VFP (VPME) application.  (Hello to some old VPME'ers out there like Edhy).  I'm really liking the core SF functionality but have some questions around the fringes.

So my first question concerns displaying empty dates.  I see that the DateBox is now the preferred way of editing dates and it has an EmptyValue property for trapping a place holder value (like '1/1/1800') and displaying it as blank. 

What is the best way to trap and hide these place holder dates in other places, such as in ListView columns?  I see I have two options to format a column:  Format String and PopulatedThroughEvent.  I suspect the preferred way is to use PopulatedThroughEvent to trap the place holder date value and return a "" string.  Is that about right?  Any examples?

Thanks in advance,

Larry
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Larry Tucker - 12 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                         Hi Larry, Here is what you need to do to get your empty dates to be...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                             Hi Edhy, Thank you for following up about the display issue. That...
                                 Hi Larry, Glad it is working for you now. [quote][b]Larry Tucker...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                     Thanks Edhy, Using Firefox helped me see the formatting codes in the...
                                         Hi Larry, I am glad you figured out, it looks good. One thing I would...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                             Edhy, Interesting. I noticed your "Using..." approach and did not...
                                                 Hi Larry, [quote] Again, I appreciate the discussion and extension...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                                     Edhy, Thanks again for the elaboration. [quote] if you have your...
                                                         This has been a great discussion. I am fighting with the ctype command...
Terry Bottorff - 12 Years Ago
                                                         [quote][b]Larry Tucker (3/9/2012)[/b][hr]...How much do you have the...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                                             Edhy, Yea, I guess I start thinking about subclasses when I realize I...
                                                                 Hi Larry, [quote][b]Larry Tucker (3/11/2012)[/b][hr]So I assume I'll...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago