lzma

Author
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am having trouble with custom classes not showing up in the toolbox, I have been trying suggestions online to delete the tbd files. I reinstalled stratframe and when I right clicked on the toolbox to go to choose items I got the message in the attached file. I can find the file in c:\assembly\download but even running explorer  as administrator  I cannot move them to any other folder, I tried two explorers open and draging over. Also when draging the mouse over strataframe controls in the toolbox it shows the control as version 1.7.0.0 even though it says the version is 1.7.3.1 from version on the strataframe menu, has it not updated correctly? Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, VS 2008 SP1.
Attachments
Lzma error.JPG (95 views, 28.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Ian.

If you are trying to rebuild the StrataFrame toolbox, you should go to the StrataFrame menu in Visual Studio, and then choose "Create StrataFrame Toolbox Tab". As for the LZMA assembly, it is not supposed to produce any visual tool at the toolbox, you will add it as a reference in a project where you want to pack files using the MicroFour.StrataFrame.IO.Compression.PackageFile class, since one of its overloads allow you to choose LZMA compression type (MicroFour.StrataFrame.IO.Compression.CompressionType.LZMA)
Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
I had already built the strataframe toolbox, the problem is that the custom class is not showing up in the application toolbox. There are a couple of items that are in the app toolbox twice so I was going in to choose item to get rid of them. The message was coming from the reference to lzma, I assume the choose dialog must look at reference to populate itself. I added a new BO to the application and upon rebuild it appeared in the toolbox, just the custom class is not appearing.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Try adding the ToolboxItem attribute:

Imports System.ComponentModel

<ToolboxItem(True)> _
Public Class MyClass

Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
I am trying to do a new install, I call the database deployment dialog to update the database and get the attached error, is it related to lzma error?
Attachments
database update error.PNG (96 views, 66.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Yep, it is. Have you added the LZMA assemblies to your installation process?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...