How to Prevent Concurrent Data Collisions

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
If two users modify data at the same time ( e.g. user 1 Reads data into a BO, Changes It, Users 2 reads same Data into a BO, User 1 then saves the BO, and then User 2 Attempts to Save the same data), a message comes up:

Data Collision... Another user made changes to the same record..choose the changes to accept  (MyValue or Server Value)

Now, this is fine most of the time (say for Master File Changes)

However, If say an Invocie is being modified in this way, I NEVER want the second user to have their changes accepted. In this case, I would prefer if an error was raised and a notification to this effect ended up in the BrokenRules Collection

In my BusinessObject, I would like to do something like:

if (DataCollision = true) {this.AddBrokenRule("XXX", "Another User has just amended the transaction ");}

and I do not want the user to have the option to choose what is to be done.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Ger Cannoll - 12 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 12 Years Ago
                         [quote]1. Even though I have code to AddbrokenRules, it does not seem...
                             Hi Ivan. I will do up a small project to iluustrate both issues.
                             Hi Ivan. I have attached a Sample Project to illustrate the second...
                                 Hi Ivan. Any update on this. (Trying to subclass a and have the...
                                     Hi Ger. I tried to have a look at your sample but couldn't find out...
                                         Hi Ivan. I am back to the concurrency issue now. I have resolved being...
                                             Hi Ger. I have changed your sample project and am posting it here...
                                                 Hi Ivan. I have downloaded and extracted the amnded sample and it...
                                                     You're welcome, Ger. :cool:
                                                 Hi Ivan. I am now trying to incorporate your suggestions into my live...
                                                     Hi. I am really stuck on this as I cannot seem to get the Base Code...
                                                         Anbody ?
Fabian R Silva, - - 12 Years Ago
Trevor Hendricks - 12 Years Ago