HELP - lost BO's

Author
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I migrated to VS2010 and everythig was going fine. Suddenly I do not have any BO's in the toolbox and am getting all kinds of errors when building - Error 3 'WITSTS.CertFrm' does not contain a definition for 'certificateBO1' and no extension method 'certificateBO1' accepting a first argument of type 'WITSTS.CertFrm' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\ian\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WITSTS\WITSTS\CertFrm.cs 265 18 WITSTS.

I have looked at the code in CertFrm.designer.cs and the bo is defined. I have uninstalled stratframe and VS 2010 and reionstalled both - no luck. Any help appreciated.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Ian,
Make sure you run VS2010 as Administrator and see if that fix the issue.

Edhy Rijo

Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Hi Edhy,

I am running as administrator and did all of the installs as admin. It is very strange since the BOM can see the BO's correctly. I am also running Crystal reports and have the CR for vs2010 installed and have also reinstalled that.

Edit.

A couple of other messages when trying to build:

Warning 27 Unable to apply publish properties for item "microfour.strataframe.lzma.x86.net2". 

Warning 1 Field 'WindowsApplication1.CertFrm.certificateBO1' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value null C:\Users\ian\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\CertFrm.Designer.cs 2860 67 WeighMaster

When trying to go to Design screen:

Instances of this error (38)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

Edited 12 Years Ago by Ian Johnston
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Ian,
Couple of more things that comes to mind:
  1. Make sure you are using StrataFrame version 1.7.3.x or greater.  If I remember correctly there is one version that was created to support VS2010. 
  2. Also, in the past I came across to some weird errors and the solution was to reinstall .NET 2.0 since ST tools are compiled for .NET 2.0 and there is specific issues reported with InstallAware installation tool that would mess up SF tools.  Search the forums for more info on this issue and links to download .NET 2.0
Good luck!!!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...