Using User security etc

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I plan to use User Logins and Roles etc in the next while and am currently seting up my Application Database tables. At this point, I am setting up the actual transaction tables (rather than the User login / roles tables etc.)

I need to know what type of fields to set up for the appication to hold the user ID. Typically I will be adding a 'Who Did what when' to my data files and need to know what type of field the 'Who' should be . What sort of field does SF expect a user to be      Integer ?  Character  ?   Varchar? etc.

Tia

Gerard
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Hi Gerard,

StrataFrame holds a security object  SecurityBasics.CurrentUser with some properties that could be useful for you, UserPK holds the PK (Int) field and UserName (Varchar) holds the user name, so you can use whichever fit your case.  I mostly use the SecurityBasics.CurrentUser.UserName value to avoid having to look at the PK value when generating reports or showing this info on a form.

Also on a site note, check this thread http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost14216.aspx posted by Charles Thomas Blankeship a while ago, but still very accurate on how to add security to your SF applications.

Edhy Rijo

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Hi Edhy.

Thats great and thanks for the tips
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...