How to show Children in a Devex Gridd with drill Down

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hoping that anybody using a DEvex grid might be able to assist here. I have a form that selects out say 20 Parent Rows and displays them on a Grid. I then want to be able to click on one of the rows, and bring up the Children of the parent (as a drop down in the Devex grid  i.e. when the '+' symbol is pressed) . I then want to be able to Edit a few columns on the child, and when finished, update all the children back to the database.

I have the basic mechanics of parent / child grids working fine with SF and DEvex. What I have not done before is have a facility to edit a child and save back to the database.

The approcah I was going to use was:

1. When I enter the form, select out all the Parent rows into a ParentBO

Also , at this stage, select ALL the children (For Every parent) into a Child BO

(Can do this using a Stored Procedure and Table valued paramter)

2. If I want to edit a Child, click on the Parent, and this will have to bring up the Children of the Parent I am on

How do I access the Children of the Parent Only that I have clicked (and not see ALL children of other parents also)

Maybe a Filter on the BO ....never done this..... would it work and would it be responsive enough

3. When I click Save to save all children, Have code that updates the backend table...I think I can manage this ok

So if anybody has any ideas on Point 2 above, would be much appreciated

Tia

Gerard
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Ger.

Here is a good thread that will probably help you:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost12233.aspx
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...