seek-problem

Author
Thomas Holste
StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)StrataFrame User (298 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi there,

in a form I want to use as a lookup-form I have a problem with the seek-method, which does not seem to work.

On the form, the BO "LieferöookupBO' is filled in the parentformloading-event.

The calling form, which activates the lookup-form, send a search-parameter, which is

assigned to a private form-var. In the Load-Event I tried my seek-implementation:

If cSuche.Length > 0 Then

Dim lRet As Boolean

MsgBox("Count: " & LieferBO1.Count.ToString)  ' Just testing, if the BO is filled. It is.

lRet = LieferLookupBo.Seek(
"adresse='CLA'")   ' Hardcoded just fpr testing purposes.

If lRet Then

MsgBox("Found: " & LieferBO1.ADRESSE) ' Has not moved the current row index, not showing "CLA"

Else

MsgBox("Nothing")

End If

The search happens on a table containing lookup-codes like:

ASAP

AVA

BM

CLA

Now what happens is, that seek returns True, as if if has found "CLA" but the current row index has not changed (as described in the help-file) as the "ADRESSE"-property of the BO is showing the first code in the table "ASAP".

Can anybody tell me. what is going wrong there.

Best regards

Thomas
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Thomas Holste - 12 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 12 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                     Hi Thomas, You are welcome!!! [quote][b]Thomas Holste...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                         Hi Edhy, I wonder if I have understood the conceot of the...
                             You can still call it from many different places. There is a BO that...
                             Hi Thomas, [quote][b]Thomas Holste (8/17/2012)[/b][hr]I wonder if I...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                 Hi Edhy, thanks for your explanations. I dio something similar with...
                                     Hi Thomas, [quote][b]Thomas Holste (8/22/2012)[/b][hr]...so I don't...
Edhy Rijo - 12 Years Ago
                                         Hi Edhy, <<have cases where I used the ChildFormDialog with no...
                         Hi Trent, thanks a lot. Navigate makes it work like I want it. Best...