How does the Index update process works?

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

I have a customer with a table with 86 million records, this table is growing up constantly on a weekly basis at a rate of 700,000 records, so I have to constantly monitor the performance and this includes having to modify or create new indexes.

My question is, when I modify an index in DDT, how does the process works internally, does the DDT process checks if the index needs to be modified, or it will simply re-create all the indexes from scratch?

I want to know, because sometimes I don't make changes to this table at all, but the DDT process takes too long, so I am under the impression that the indexes in this table are being re-created even when nothing change in the DDT versus the current customer table.

Thanks!!!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...