Opening browsedialog with previous search results

Author
Marcel Heitlager
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Is there any way to do that?  I did do a search in the forum on that topic but nothing popped up. 

Thanks,

Marcel
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Marcel.

I thought of doing that a while ago and then changed my mind. The idea was to give the user a way to go back to the list of records he had fetched to the form main BO at any time to be able to navigate through them.

I ended up creating a base "List" button to be added to all my form's toolbars, which will list that same content. Since I was more in control of this, I could create features to let the user group, sort, etc., using an Infragistics grid.

I guess you could also use the BrowseDialog BeforeSearching event which will expose the complete search criteria and save it, this way you could populate your search fields with the same criteria once you entered the BrowseDialog again, but that would require another trip to the database to fetch the records all over.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Marcel,

As Ivan, I also had that need a year or two ago, and end up creating my own list but using DevExpress grid:
  • For regular maintenance forms like Customers, Vendors, etc. I have a list on the left side, fill all the records, and allow some filters like Active, Inactive, All, etc.
  • For transactions, I created and donated to the SF community, a Date Range User Control which triggers an event you can use to just show those records using a Stored Procedure or something else.
This approach has been broadly accepted by my users and they are very happy with it.  Before I had all kind of complains as to why they could not go back to the Dialog Browser record list. BigGrin

Edhy Rijo

Marcel Heitlager
Marcel Heitlager
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Thanks Ivan and Edhy for those suggestions!  I'll look into those approaches.

Marcel
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
You're welcome Marcel. Wink
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...