Using InstallAware to Create an Installation Package but Getting an Error

Using InstallAware to Create an Installation Package but Getting an...
Author
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I create my installation package but I get the following error when I try and run my software on Client Machine.

ApplicationException
  An error occurred while creating the main form
TargetInvocationException
  Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
FileNotFoundException
  Could not load file or assembly 'ProRodeoChecksLibBO, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame UI

Stack Trace:
   at ProRodeoChecks.MainChecksfrm.InitializeComponent()
   at ProRodeoChecks.MainChecksfrm..ctor()
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication()

It seems like it can not find the BO Library, but I did copy the entire Subdirectory into the Installation Package. It also shows up on the client machine.

What am I overlooking? I am using a laptop that just has all of the required software to run SQL Express and all of the required .Net stuff.

TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Terry,

Don't panic Hehe this error is very common when doing first time installations.  As you may know you can have all your assemblies installed under Windows GAC or better yet on your $TARGETDIR$ to make it easier to update your current installation.

I prefer to install everything on $TARGETDIR$, so if that is not your case, then change your IA setup to put all files in $TARGETDIR$ then try to install again.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
or one of its dependencies.

Be sure that ALL referenced assemblies in that project are also included as part of your deployment.  Look at your development machine and copy the files in one by one until it works.  Then you will know which files are missing.  Also, depending on if you are doing version specific, you may have the assembly, not not the right version of the assembly.  That can be a factor also.

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
OK so do I copy all of the BO's into the $TargetDir$ or will there just be a single Dll?

If it is a single Dll where do I find it?

TIA.

I have tried to put all Dll's that are referenced in the project in the $TargetDir$.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You need to copy every assembly referenced on your application to the $TARGETDIR$.  Open up your project, and then open up the references for each of the project that you have.  Then make sure that each of those DLLs (assemblies) and/or EXEs make it into your $TARGETDIR$.
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Thanks for both of your input and help. That got me past that issue. Now this is the first time I have used Messaging and I get the following error:

LocalizationKeyNotFoundException
  The specified key [numberofchecksneeded] was not found within the messaging database.
FileNotFoundException
  The file [../../messages\Message_Languages.xml] could not be found.  The localization languages table could not be loaded.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Base

Stack Trace:
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.LoadLanguageTable(Boolean IgnoreExceptions)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.LoadXmlFile(Int32 LocaleID)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.GetKeyRowFromXml(String Key)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.GetKeyFromXml(String MessageKey)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.RetrieveMessage(String MessageKey)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Messaging.MessageForm.ShowMessageByKey(String MessageKey, Object[] ReplacementValues)
   at ProRodeoChecks.ChecksInfoBBfrm.btnfill_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I know it says it can not find the Message_Language.xml file and therefore it can not find the particular message. I tried copying in the complete Subdirectory where my messages are and I also copied in the 2 individual files into the #TargetDir$ and that did not work.

In my AppMain I have the following:

MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Lcalization.MessageXmlPath = "../../messages"

Should I maybe make that "messages"????????

TIA.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Terry,

I prefer to have my messages stored in an XML file included in the project, so in the AppMain.InitApplication I have these:

MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.MessageKeyType = MicroFour.StrataFrame.Messaging.MessageKeyDataType.XML
         MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.MessageLocaleID = MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Localization.GetActiveLanguage("YourApplicationKeyHere")

Then you need to include in your projects the following generated xml files:
  • Message_Languages.xml
  • Messages_10033.xml
Now re-build and enjoy!!!

Edhy Rijo

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Terry.

Just adding to Edhy's message, don't forget to set the XML file as an "Embedded Resource":

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/90f28da3-3320-45c5-87dd-06c8.png
Edhy Rijo
E
Ivan George Borges (10/9/2012)
Just adding to Edhy's message, don't forget to set the XML file as an "Embedded Resource"

Thanks Ivan, I forgot that part Smile

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Alright I think that answered one of my questions because I was going to ask Edhy if his "included in the project" meant 'Embedded' as used in the Strataframe Docs.

So if I understand correctly. I generate the XML for the messages. I copy the XML's into my project subdirectory or a folder in the subdirectory. I include them in the project. I select the Xml files and on their properties sheet I make sure the  Build Action is 'Embedded Resource'.

Does that pretty well outline my issue?

Thank you so much for Your Help and Edhy's...... You guys are a blessing for this Forum.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...