RBS query

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Just started to use RBS, and am a little unclear about how to use it properly:

So Far, have done the following, in theis sequence:

1. Installed RBS

2. Created RBS files in the APP Database

3. Set up a menu in the App to allow Users to be set up/amended etc

(I do not have DDT installed)

Now, I am still developing the APP, and need to add in Permissions. The only place I can do this is in the Visual Studio Strataframe Role Based Security Editor. So I go ahead and do this, and it writes away these details to the Strataframe Database, not my app Database. I now end up with a facility to set up users in the Application, but cannot assign them any permissions as the permissions  have only been set up in the Strataframe database.

Do I have the above correct ?

I presume then I have to copy these 'permissions' down to the App database at some stage.. is this correct and if so, whats the easiest way of doing this ?
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I presume then I have to copy these 'permissions' down to the App database at some stage.. is this correct and if so, whats the easiest way of doing this ?

Yep, you need to deploy the data you added through the security editor and... the easiest way is with the DDT, since it will create a Deployment Package for you.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...