StrataFrame Build 1.7.6.0 - Localizing Role Based Security Permissions

StrataFrame Build 1.7.6.0 - Localizing Role Based Security Permissions...
Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
One major feature that we failed to mention about the new update is the ability to localize the RBS security permissions and roles.  This was done in a way that you would not have to change your RBS security packages at all.  In fact, all you need to do is create localization keys for your application for any of the localization packages that you have that are getting loaded into your application, and the RBS will find them.

For example, I have a client localization package that is used for the main client EXE in our medical application.  This is where I chose to place the RBS permission keys.  There are really two things that needed to be localized, the key itself, and the description.

This is the format of localizing.  The actual permission is the root of the key.  So lets take the example of "Accounts Receivable Report" as my RBS permission.  I now need to create two localization keys for this, one for the permission and the other for the description.

1. Open up the localization project that will house the keys
  2. For the permission, add "SEC_" (without the quotes) to localization the permission.  So in this example, it would look like this: SEC_Accounts Receivable Report
  3. For the description of the permission, it will have the SEC_ at the beginning as well as _DESC at the end.  Like this: SEC_Accounts Receivable report_DESC

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/e6399b0a-70fd-4c34-918f-594f.png
    (Note: These are just Text Values, NOT messages.  Just like any other localization text value only.)

4. Export the localization package and update your project.
  5. When you run the RBS editor inside of your application at run-time, the keys should now reflect the appropriate language.
Let me know if you have any questions here.
Edited 12 Years Ago by Trent L. Taylor
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,
Great addition!!!

I will be upgrading my VS this weekend to start testing the new stuff.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...