BO's do not Show in Watch Window After Upgrade

Author
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using Win 7, Visual Studio 2012 and SF's latest release. Now when I want to look at the BO's in a watch window it says :

me.pointsforbarrelracingbo1.currentdatatable error: 'me.pointsforbarrelracingbo1.currentdatatable' does not exist 

I tried reinstalling SF but that did not work????

TIA.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Terry:

This seems unrelated to the SF update.  Nothing has changed in that department.  Also, there isn't a stack trace or anything for me to go off of here.  If you can reproduce a simple sample reproducing your issue or at least have a stack trace, then I will try and see if I can help you diagnose what is going on in your environment.

Just FYI, I look at the CurrentDataTable in the watch window quite often, so I know that it will work on the current build.  This seems more related to your environment.  Any additional info that you could provide would be great.  Thanks!
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)
I was afraid it might be an environment issue. I will try a very simple new project and see how that works. Also, this project was and still is being created in VS 2010. Could that somehow be an issue. The watch window works in 2010. I only have VS 2012 installed on my laptop.

I also will get a picture of the error on my laptop.

I will be back.
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Here is a picture of the error I get. I'll try a simple project created in VS2012 later.
Attachments
WatchWindowError.PNG (92 views, 19.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Terry:

Just to be sure, I went ahead and tested this on a BO inside of VS 2012.  Also, I made it lower case just to ensure that it wasn't a case sensitivity thing.  And I could not get it to fail.  Below is the screenshot of the CurrentDataTable on my BO in the VS2012 watch window.

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/6376652d-3259-49e3-9a65-3f3e.png

So it is either something with the actual object instance of your BO that is preventing the CurrentDataTable from being exposed, or there is something else in your environment that is preventing the instance from being recognized in the debug environment.
Attachments
WatchWindow.png (63 views, 6.00 KB)
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
I uninstalled VS and SF and reinstalled all. And of course now all Works? Must be a Window's Thing. Thanks for helping.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
No problem, I wasn't much help, but glad you got it working!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...