Impossible to package

Author
Tony Charpentier
StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

i try to add a new field in Table and i have this error message,

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/0682fe6e-9133-4b35-94cd-8768.jpg

With the another table all is ok but just this table have the problem !

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/8dfbbb78-12b4-4996-b95c-cf10.jpg

it's the field tmu_icone witch we try to add in the table. and we have test with other name
like "test" , "aaaa". No way it's doesn't work

if you have an idea , it' ll be appreciate ??

We have just install the last version 1.7.6.0

thanks
tony
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Hello Tony,
  • on a new DDT project, I raise no error with your definiton
  • on your DDT project (this one you gave me during the training), I raise an error which is not related to this column. The strange issue is that the pkg file is created, and the definition of the column id_icone is well defined in the fields.xml inside the pkg.
Would you please send me (e-mail) the pkg file and a backup of your Strataframe database please?
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Tony.

Also, have you checked your Project's "Object Name History" node to see if you are deleting the table or something like it?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Tony, are you getting this error when you click the "save" when modifying the table?  Let me know when you get this error message.  Thanks.
Tony Charpentier
Tony Charpentier
StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (16 reputation)
Trent : i have this error when i deploy.

Ivan : i dont delete the table, i just add a field.
If i delete the last field create, i can deploy without problem.

thanks
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Yeah, there is something in your environment.  Can you do like Michel asked?  I would like to look at the DDT package and possibly the StrataFrame database like Michel mentioned.
Olivier
Olivier
StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)
Hello trent,

Tony work with me, and he send the package and save database to michel.

We wait the analyse's michel.

thanks
Olivier

==============================================
Asp.net C# - Strataframe - telerik
==============================================
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Okay, sounds good Oliver.  I am sure that Michel will get you going down the right path. Smile
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Fixed BigGrin

1st error: They didn't update the good SF database (another one on their LAN). Let's update the good one, and no more error when creating package, but still when deploying.
2nd error: the infamous #1026, because data to deploy refers to a modified table in structure deployment.

So we delete the data deployment in the profile to package, and all is ok now.

Maybe a warning in DDT would be fine, if one ask for deploy in the same package data and structure modifications for the same table.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Aha! It looks like I was on the right track. Smile

By the way, every time I change the structure to a table that has a deployment package, I simply run the DDT deployment twice. The first time I will get the error while creating the package, but then it updates the structure on the database and for the second time everything goes fine.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...