strataframe and vs 2012

Author
Eric Leissler
StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi

I ha installed on my computer visual studio 2012

and when i try to install strataframe, i can't install for 2012

when i clik on visualstudio 2012  it"s doesnt  running

what i  have forget ??

Thanks for your anwser

best regards

Eric
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Do you have Visual Studio 2012 installed on your machine? I know that is a basic questions, but there is a test to see if VS 2012 is installed at the registry level.  So that test is failing.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
I just saw your post again and that you do have VS2012 installed.  Here are the keys that is checks for:

32-Bit OS
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Item

64-Bit OS
SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Item

If one of these two keys doesn't exist, then there is an issue with the install, more than likely.
Eric Leissler
Eric Leissler
StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)StrataFrame User (175 reputation)
Hi trent

visual studio 2012 is correctely installed on my computer

But i dont have this key on rededit

64-Bit OS
SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Item

i have just this

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\VSTemplate\Item]
"UserFolder"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\\Common7\\IDE\\ItemTemplates"
"CacheFolder"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\\Common7\\IDE\\ItemTemplatesCache"

How can i do ?

Thansk

best regard

Eric
Eric Leissler
Eric Leissler
Hi

in  hkey_local_machine i have this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Item]
"UserFolder"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\\Common7\\IDE\\ItemTemplates"
"CacheFolder"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\\Common7\\IDE\\ItemTemplatesCache"

Best regards

Eric
Edited 12 Years Ago by Eric Leissler
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Eric:

Do you have the keys I mentioned in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE?  This is where the install looks and where VS places these keys.  If you just create the keys, the install will let you choose VS 2012, but you may have some downstream issues.  These keys that we test on are not something that we created, but rather VS2012.  We rely on these keys to know where and how to put SF templates for items as well as projects.

For a 64-bit machine, these are the values that we need:
    Read Registry Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Item\UserFolder into ITEMTEMPLATESFOLDER2012
    Read Registry Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Project\UserFolder into PROJECTTEMPLATESFOLDER2012

For a 32-bit machine, these are the values that we need
  Read Registry Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Item\UserFolder into ITEMTEMPLATESFOLDER2012
  Read Registry Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\VSTemplate\Project\UserFolder into PROJECTTEMPLATESFOLDER2012

You can see that we read these values into variables that are passed over to the install process.  This tells the install where to place the item and project templates.  Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen this fail before, so I know that it has something to do with the environment or the install.  Not sure which.  I have a clean VM setup and tested this starting from scratch to make sure something wasn't missed.  Those keys were created by the install.  I have another scenario here I am going to test with an upgraded OS instead of a clean install to see if that makes any difference, but if those keys don't exist, then there isn't much I can do other than tell you that we rely on the as part of the VS integration process.
Eric Leissler
Eric Leissler
Hello Trent
I found the solution
Need to uninstall strataframe and reinstall.If there is an update, it doesn't take vs 2012 many thanks  Best regards Eric 
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Glad you got it figured out.  SF should always do an uninstall before it loads the new build.  But at any rate, I am glad you got it working.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...