Dropdownlist

Author
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Yes enter will lock in the selection.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Ian.

If you first press "Enter" to confirm the current chosen item on the list, will the "Tab" work afterwards?
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I'm not sure what would be causing this.  Could you put together a sample and zip it up and attach it to the forum so we can see what might be causing it?

Also, you might try adding a handler to the TextChanged event on the drop down list.  Put a break point in there and look at the call stack, making sure to show all code (uncheck the "Enable Just My Code" in the Debug options).  That will show you what .NET is trying to do and might clue you in as to why it's swapping out your value.  My first guess would be that the position is changing on the CurrencyManager on the list source and resetting your value.  
Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am having trouble using tab to exit a dropdownlist. If you type in a user name it will go to the correct one on the list but if the user presses tab the selection reverts to the first item using the first letter. The list is created from a BO, modifier is set to internal, AutocompleteMode is Append, AutocompleteSource is ListItems. Is it not posible to use the tab to exit the list?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...