User Authentication screen - Password Control cant be seen

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
On some machines (Not all) the Password on the User Authentication screen is hidden under some of the other buttons

(By maximising the form, it can be seen)

I am using the standard form that Role based security provides

Anybody know how to fix this behaviour ?

(See attached Jpg)
Attachments
CaptureHiddenPassword.JPG (84 views, 17.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Ger.

I've never seen that! Could it be a graphic card driver issue? Or maybe a Windows Accessibility change in font or something? Sorry for not being able to help much, but I would start with that.
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)
Hi Ivan.

In the same app, I have seem same behaviour on a seconf machine.

Can I amend this screen myself....if so I will try mofing the buttons around ?

Whats the screen called ?
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
What DPI is your Windows set on?  Most likely the dialog is not resizing with the DPI change.  WinForms never really does that properly anyways, so that's a mixed bag.  WPF matches DPI perfectly, but WinForms just throws up when you change the DPI in Windows.  It could also be a problem with the form resizing because it doesn't need to show the Domain text box.

That is the LoginForm in the MicroFour StrataFrame Security project if you want to modify it yourself.  The best thing to do would actually be to implement the ILoginForm interface on your own form.  That way you can put your own logo, app name, etc on it.  The LoginForm is just the generic one that we put in there, but implementing ILoginForm is the best practice.
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Hi Ben

This is still a problem now on ALL the machines on site. Currenlty I call the form as :

e.ShowMainForm =Login.ShowLoginAndAuthUser(true);

If the screen is Maximised (manually) thay can see the controls. Is there a way of having the screen automatically opened in maximised format ?. If not, how would I implement ILoginForm and put controls on it e.g. Ask for User name and password (Some sample code would be useful Wink

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
ok..forget this.. I read the manual and saw how to login with a Custom Login Form
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...