FocusControlOnAdd or FocusControlOnEdit

Author
Mimouni Mohamed
StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all,

I have a Standard form with text boxes, and when I click on the design mode property FocusControlOnAdd or FocusControlOnEdit, I would list my controls, how to make a list of my checks???

Thank you in advance
Mimouni
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The type editor for that drop down pulls every control on the form and if the control implements IBusinessBindable, it shows up on the list.  

Are the CheckBoxes you want to choose StrataFrame CheckBoxes or plain .NET CheckBoxes?
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)
Hi Ben,

I confirm the observation of Mimouni! I can't see the full list of the controls in VS 2010, though they are visible in VS2008. in a 2010 project, only textboxes are in the list of available controls in the 2 properties (FocusControlOnAdd and FocusControlOnEdit).

I'll try to convert one of my old 2008 project, and see what happens..
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Hrm.  I smell a debug coming on.  Let me know what you find out Michel.
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)
Hi Ben,

yesss, you can debug Tongue

1. In VS2010, I create a new StrataFrame VB Winform soultion, add a new SF standard form, add on it some SF controls from the toolbox. Save all, compile, no controls are visible in the list for setting the properties FocuControlOnAdd or FocusControlOnEdit
  2. In VS2008, I open an old project, all is fine in design mode
  3. In VS2010, I convert this old project... all is OK
  4. In this new project (the one I've converted from 2008), I add a new form, add some controls, etc... No controls visible in the setting of the 2 props
  5. still in this projetc, I copy some controls from the form where they are visible in setting the prop to the form I've created... nothing visible in teh setting of props...
  6. Pinch
    now... I add first a themed panel on the form, then my controls are in the setting list of the props as long as they are included in the panel. Out of the pane, not visible for setting the 2 props, inside the panel, visible. Same result for whatever SF container I choose (groupbox, themed container, themed panel, themed GroupBox)
in summary : we need the controls to be inside a container for having them visible in setting the FocusControl... properties in design mode.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...