Web Developer Express 2012

Author
Ger Cannoll
StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Up to now, I have been using Visual Studio 2010 and SF for DeskTop Apps

I have a Web App to develop

Just downloaded MS Web Develpoer Express 2012 and wondering if his will work ok with SF to develop Web Apps
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I don't think that the Express versions of Visual Studio support AddIns.  However, the only reason you need the SF AddIn is to launch the BOMapper.  So, you could have your business objects in a project that you open and manage with Visual Studio and then just reference that project in the Web Developer edition.  All of the type editors should work fine.

There is also the option of downloading the Web Developer that runs inside of Visual Studio.  I believe it's called the Microsoft Web Developer Tools.  I haven't looked at Web Developer Express, but I would assume that they are similar.
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)StrataFrame User (464 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Ben... thanks for replying and that sounds promising.

Re any SF toolbox items used for Web Apps... thes ewill be visible ?
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You will need to add the toolbox items manually.  You can right-click on a tab in the toolbox and "Choose Items..." to select the DLL that contains the items you want to add.

We use the SF AddIn for adding items to the toolbox.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...