First Web App

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Ok, I am about to do first Data Entry type Web App in StrataFrame and have a few queries

1.  I have created Business Objects and have them in a separate DLL. (Which I already use in the Winforms APP)

Can I use these also for the Web App without any change (i.e. use the DLL) and if so how do I do this

2. What would be very useful, and something I have not easily been able to find, is a 'Starter Pack' for SF Web Forms

Is there any documentation around that would give me some pointers as to where to start ?

I am at a loss as to where to start , and how to access the SF Business Objects from within a Web App

3. I have used the Devex Controls (Mainly Grids ) in all Windows Forms (and also the few Non Data Entry Web Apps I have created )and they have worked very well with SF

Any issues foreseen with using SF and DEvexpress in a Web Scenario, particulalrly Text Boxes for DataBinbding
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
1) Yes, you can reference the DLL containing the business objects within your Web Site / Web Application.  Just add it like a regular reference.

2) We have help documentation on using the templates for Web Apps.  The main one you need to look for is the ApplicationBasePage template.  There is information in it that details how you can create a property on it for each of your business objects.  These values are then read by the ApplicationBasePage and stored/retrieved from session variables to maintain the state of the business objects across multiple pages.  Beyond that, the webforms programming is much like any other web forms programming except you use business objects to retrieve your data rather than raw ADO.NET.

3) No issues with using DevExpress stuff.  It should work just fine.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...