After I install on Win 7 I get the following Error when I run the Program

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
You are welcome Terry!!!

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can see that the BO library versioning can be like a dog chasing it tail. Sounds good to reuse it but you better have good notes so all projects that need updated get done also. Wow.

Thank you about copying the form.

Thanks for all your help.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Terry,

>> I can see what you mean. I am going to have to start being very careful in how I update my tools and when I do it.
Yes, you have to be very, very careful and organized to avoid headaches. Crazy

>>
If you start another project and have the same BO Library do you just add a project to the new one and find the BO dll and add it?
Yes, you can re-use the same BO with another project, but keep in mind that when you update that BO dll, you will have to also re-build both projects accessing that BO reference, specially if you change the BO dll version number.  Get use to keep your dll versioning clear and updated, so you don't go crazy with dll references.

>>
Also, if there is a form in a previous project that you want do you copy the designer.vb, .resx and the .vb files to you new project structure and then Add it
>> or do you just add it and find it where it is found now?
What I do, is that from Windows Explorer, I copy that form files (all of them) then paste it in the other project, then from VS project right click where you want to add it and include those files, VS project will use those files now.  Be aware, that you cannot have the same class name in the same project unless you are using different Namespaces.

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
I can see what you mean. I am going to have to start being very careful in how I update my tools and when I do it.

If you start another project and have the same BO Library do you just add a project to the new one and find the BO dll and add it?

Also, if there is a form in a previous project that you want do you copy the designer.vb, .resx and the .vb files to you new project structure and then Add it or do you just add it and find it where it is found now?

TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Terry,

Sorry about the confusion with uninstall of DLLs, I am glad you got it working, it is a complicated subject to keep everything working on both places and been able to publish your updates successfully, it took me a great deal of trial and error and asking all over to get to a steady process and 95% automated process for my end users to apply the updates without me having to remote to their computers.

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Well, the reinstall or using the dll's from this subdirectory did the trick: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame

InstallAware, copying all dll's to the $targetdir$ allowed it to install and run the way it should. Thank you for the help.
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Duh. Makes more sense. Thanks........

The Client machine has no reference to Microfour in the C:\Windows\Assembly and I have copied all the dll's into the TargetDirectory and rebuilt the InstallAware. Now I will try to reinstall and see what happens. I shall return with the results.

Thanks again.
Edhy Rijo
E
Terry,

Sorry for the confusion, but when I said, uninstall, I mean at the customer computer, not your developer computer.  If you uninstall any dll from your developer computer, then you will need to either reinstall that program ex DevExpress, Strataframe, etc. or you need to run their setup repair option from the add/remove in the control panel.

Read my messages again, but all installs/uninstall applies to the client computer where you are installing your program using IA.

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Of the Dlls in the attached picture. Which Ones do you uninstall?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the lastest version of Strataframe. I made sure all subdirectories, dlls were gone before reinstall.

I will try to rebuild and create install with Installaware.

TIA.
Attachments
StrataFrameDlls.png (103 views, 8.00 KB)
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Well I Uninstalled the Files in the C:\Windows\Assembly subdirectory and now I get this error when I try to load the project into VS2012. I suppose that definitely means I had a version issue but now if I can not load the project am I hosed?

Exception
  An error occurred while configuring the StrataFrame design-time data sources.
FileNotFoundException
  Could not load file or assembly 'MicroFour StrataFrame Base, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source     :

Stack Trace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.SetConnections()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.AddInManager.ᜃ()

TIA.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...