Enhancement to the SFSUsers table ...

Author
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
... create a new column named us_UserExt ... varchar(8000) ... this would allow me to store an ADO dataset in XML format that I could use to create as many tables and fields that I like to extend the information stored for a user (helpful for migrating users in an old system into StrataFrame where more information about a user is stored in the old system that does not map directly to one of the fields in the current SFSUsers table. 

This is along the lines of the user defined fields in the .SCX/.SCT fields for the screen definitions in VFP.

You don't have to surface it on the current Security dialog so no visual changes need to be made there.  Simply rebuild the SFSUsersBO to include the new field and give me/us access to it.  I can then create an IS-A relationship using subclassing to CRUD the information stored therein.

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
Charles Thomas Blankenship...
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Another way to put this is this ... will there be another StrataFrame update (after 1.7.6) before the release of 2.0?

If not, I'll go ahead and modify SFSUsersBO until my heart is content!

Thanks,

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
No, CT, I doubt there will be.  The beta for 2.0 is imminent, and everyone has the source code.  So, like you said, modify it all you want Smile
Charles Thomas Blankenship...
Hummm ... I just started developing this new application (and I just bought 1.7.6 on March 27th), I hope there will be some special consideration from folks like me who, if they had known, would have waited for 2.0?

Thanks for the info.

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The special consideration on licensing will be the continuation/carry-over of your subscription.  And the special consideration for programming is that they can run side-by-side.  We will be converting a piece at a time of our medical software over to v2.  It's too big an elephant to eat all at once; the two versions of SF have to coexist, even in the same app.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...