SF DevEx Standard Form

Author
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm having difficulty finding the StrataFrame Source solution that contains the SF DevEx Standard Form that appears in the Add New Item dialog in VS 2012.  I've successfully updated all references in that project to my current version of DevExpress and can rebuild the project without problems.  But, whenever I try to add a SF DevEx Standard Form into my project I still get an error that a reference to DevEx Version 9x cannot be added to my project.

Anybody know where that form has been squirreled away in the SF source code?

Thanks,

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It's probably not actually in the source code, but in the .vstemplate for the item template you're trying to add.

Yep, I just checked.  There's a reference to v9.2 in the .vstemplate for the DevExpress Standard Form template.  In the VisualStudio\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\VisualBasic\StrataFrame folder you'll find the SF_DevEx_StandardForm.zip file.  That is the template file.  

1. Extract its contents and edit the .vstemplate file (it's just an XML file)
2. Change the version on the required reference to the property DevEx version.  
3. Put the files back into the .zip file.
4. Open Visual Studio command prompt
5. Run "devenv.exe /setup"

You're template should be fixed.
Charles Thomas Blankenship...
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Oh Holy crap! w00t after running DEVENV.EXE /SETUP ... exiting out of VS2012, launching it again and opening the project ... there are NO more StrataFrame templates of ANY type anymore.

I did exactly as you stated ... modified only that one file in that one ZIP file ... ran the .exe and boom!

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Looks like a reboot fixed you.  Let me know if you run into anything else.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...