Personalize the Secutrity Editor

Author
Marcelo Blank
StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (62 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
What´s the best way to change the Security Editor?

I had to put two tabs on Users screen. One to display a list with last 10 passwords and other for comments. 

Created a separate table SFSUsersXComments  and the recording is made ​​independently, in the same process of original form, via another BO (UsersXCommentsBO). 

Compiled the application and access via my application.

The problem is that when I save a new user, the users (1) becomes corrupted (Data Corrupted).  For the existent users, it shows the new data correctly.

The Display Name don´t show  (2) the Fists Name with the Last Name too.

But the record is saved int the users table end in the Comments table. And the security key is correct.

After that problens, I try th revert the process, but after saving the original Strataframe code and compiling it, the reference to the security dll remains to the same I created before, in the application and in the Role-Base Security Editor (Strataframe application).

So, I have some quaetions:

1 - Where´s the dll that Role-Base Security Editor (Strataframe application) makes reference ? in the GAC ?
2 - Why the erros (1) and (2) ? How to avoid then ?
3 - What´s the sugested way to personalize the Security Editor ?

Regards,
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Marcelo.

I guess you could change the SF Security source code to fit your needs. In my case, I didn't follow that path. I created a "users" table for my applications and I have a separate form that will deal with all custom information for each user that is part of the security module. Mine is called "PreferenciasDoUsuario"  and I have some other foreign tables related to it. This way, I could grow the security custom info as far as needed. I just need to make sure it is synchronized with the SF Users table, so when the custom form is run or when the user exits the Security Editor, I make sure my custom tables have all the needed rows.

Hope it helps.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Ivan,

I know this thread is a bit outdated, but I am working on a big project and I am afraid I will need to create my own form to create users and assign some pre-defined roles.  The current Security Editor form has the following issues for this project:
  • It is way to slow to show up and when selecting a User or a Role, the data shown in the other page also is very slow.  I have noticed this for all my projects so there must be something in the internal code of the SF 1.7.7.1.
  • Settings like "Administrator" will have not meaning in this project and cannot be hide from the "Edit User Item" form unless I modify the source code. Same thing with other settings there.
  • In this case, users will not have the option to create "Roles" so we will have pre-defined Roles and users would be able to assign specific Roles based on the role the Manager is assigned.  This will be running on different branches (Offices in other locations) so, it is pretty much like a Multi-Tenant configuration.
In my case, instead of having a separate user table, my plan is to use the same SFUsers to create the user, password and Role assignments, plus some other information I would need from a related table like assigning branch offices to a user.

If it is not too much to ask, it would be very helpful if I you could create a small video or some screenshots of what have you done with your own "Security Editor" form.  I understand if you cannot share that kind of information.

Thanks!!!

Edhy Rijo

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Edhy.

It is no problem at all.
I can produce a video, but probably the best thing to do would be to send you a remote meeting link and then we could talk while I show you what we have done here. I will send you a Skype account so you can contact me.

Abraços.

Ivan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...