File Not Found Exception after I Install on Client

Author
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I get the following error after I install my project on a client. Install has worked fine on several other systems. It is not a web project. Can not find a reference in this forum for System.Web.

==========

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Base

Stack Trace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.SecurityBasics.get_CurrentUser()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.Add(Boolean CheckSecurity)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionWizard.LoadApplicationData()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionWizard..ctor(RequiredDataSourceCollection RequiredItems, Int32 ApplicationPK, Boolean PersistData)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.ShowConnectionWizard(Int32 ApplicationPK)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ConnectionManager.SetConnections()

at BuffiesDataDeployment.AppMain.SetDataSources()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication()

at BuffiesDataDeployment.AppMain.Main()

==========

Installing on Win 7. Have installed on Win 7 machines before.

Thanks in advance.

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Does the Windows 7 machine have the .NET framework Client Profile installed, or the whole .NET framework?  I'm not sure the Client Profile has any of the web stuff in it.
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (676 reputation)
OK. This is what I found out and hopefully it will help others. On my development machine I have Microsoft .Net 4.5 installed and that apparently is different in terms of System.Web than version 4. Even thou I have .Net 4 as my target framework in my project apparently it loaded version 4.5 since that is what I have on my development machine. As soon as I installed 4.5 on client machine All worked fine.

I was at my wits-end and I thought Oh let me try this. And it worked.

Hope this helps someone else.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
.NET 4.5 is the same as .NET 4 with extra DLLs.  They both use the same runtime... there might be some DLLs that are different, but most of them were probably the same.  I would be willing to bet that you only had the Client Profile installed on your client machine.  The .NET Client Profile is a subset of the .NET framework that only includes the DLLs that MS thinks a workstation should use.  So, since System.Web is generally used for IIS, I'm betting that it's left out of the Client Profile, and I believe the CP is all that's installed on Windows 7/8 by default.  Installing the full version of 4.5 definitely fixed it, though.  I'm glad you got it working.
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Your follow up is a perfect ending. Hopefully this helps someone else from pulling their hair out.

Thank you so much for the discussion and follow up.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Terry,

I have my setup scripts configured to install the .Net 4 runtimes automatically, is your application installing these runtimes?

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
I am sure I do. I wanted it to but what I have to make sure is that it is the full version and not just the client.

I will check that immediately when I get back to my development machine.
Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Well after checking my Installaware Modules I had selected to install the .Net 4 Framework and .Net 4 Client software. Probably the Client got installed and not the Complete framework. Not sure about that but that seems to be what happened. One other thing that I found out was I had .Net 4 and not .Net 4 (X64) and since the client's machine was 64 bit maybe had something to do with my issue.

Just more information to help others.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Terry,
I am also using InstallAware, so yes, you need to select both .Net 4 and .Net 4 (X64) from the "Application Runtimes", but you don't need to select the
.Net Client 4 at all.

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
That has been changed. Thank you........
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...