Inherited UI - DevExpress TextEdit

Author
Chris Diesel
StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
If I drop a DevExpress TextEdit control on a form, I have some properties in the WinForm Designer that show up under the Misc category having to do with Spell Checking (CanCheckText, ShowSpellCheckMenu, SpellCheckerOptions).  But, when I drop the TextEdit from StrataFrame's inherited UI library, I don't have these properties and thus the "Check Spelling" is missing from the context menu when running the app.  Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Thanks!
Chris Diesel
Chris Diesel
StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (114 reputation)
Anyone???

Why would Strataframe's TextEdit that inherits DevExpress' TextEdit not have the same Spell Checker properties?
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Sorry, Chris, I didn't post on this yesterday.

The SF DevExpress TextEdit should certainly be inheriting from the same control, but there's a possibility you might need to change the references in the SF inherited DevExpress project and rebuild it.  I you have more than one version of DevExpress installed, it's possible that you could be referencing a different version in your project than the SF one is referencing.  

Are the properties there in code?  

To make sure that the SF one is inheriting the proper version, you can drop one of each on your form, run it, and then at a breakpoint, check the following in the watch window:

1) this.sfControl.GetType().BaseType.AssemblyQualifiedName
2) this.dxControl.GetType().AssemblyQualifiedName

These should be the same values, version and all.
Chris Diesel
Chris Diesel
Thanks for the ideas!  I'll check it out and get back to you. 
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Chris, Ben,

I am also using DevExpress controls, even though, I am not using the SpellChecker, but I was able to duplicate Chris issue, so the inherited SF classes are not taken into consideration by the SpellChecker to add the properties needed to use it.

I believe you would need to manually register those inheritedTextEdit controls to the SpellChecker.  Please see this link http://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center/Question/Details/Q402676 and http://documentation.devexpress.com/#WindowsForms/CustomDocument2995

Edhy Rijo

Edited 11 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Chris Diesel
Chris Diesel
Needed to register the class with DevExpress' spell checker:

using DevExpress.XtraSpellChecker.Native;

SpellCheckTextControllersManager.Default.RegisterClass(typeof(MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.TextEdit), typeof(SimpleTextEditTextController));             SpellCheckTextBoxBaseFinderManager.Default.RegisterClass(typeof(MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.TextEdit), typeof(TextEditTextBoxFinder));

InitializeComponent();

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, I'm glad Edhy knew what he was talking about Smile
Chris Diesel
Chris Diesel
Too bad I didn't refresh my browser 4 hours ago... Blush
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Chris,

Glad you made it work!!!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...