Random Error

Author
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Thanks Larry.  I'll start looking at it.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
OK, Larry, I wasn't able to make your test program fail on this end.  So, thinking that your test program was pretty definitive, I rolled back my ES debug version to the 1.7.7.0 version and tried it.  It failed just like you said.  I didn't think I had made a change, but apparently I did.  Looking through our TFS logs, I found where the SqlDataReader wasn't being properly closed (which closes the connection, because the command is executed with CommandBehavior.CloseConnection since we no longer have a reference to the connection to close it).  Those connections were left open and had to be garbage collected just like the other situation.  

So, I have posted the ES from the build 1.7.7.1 to the My Account area as both the .zip and the complete install.  Let me know how that works.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (888 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi Ben,

That fixed it! I ran a few tests and the save on transaction is slightly faster. Thank you for your help. When you get a chance please post the 1.7.7.1 source code installer to the download area.

-Larry
StrataFrame Team
S
Will do!  Thanks for your patience while we figured that one out, Larry Smile

Glad we got it working.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...