Business Binding Source and the DevExpress XtraScheduler contol ... (Edhy this means you!)

Business Binding Source and the DevExpress XtraScheduler contol ......
Author
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
OK Mr . Edhy Rijo:

When I had you on the phone you stated how easy it was to hook the Business Binding Source to the XtraScheduler control.  I am finding that process to be anything BUT.

I've tried everything ... including setting the Appointments data source to the CurrentDataTable of the BO (as the example on this forum suggested.

What are the settings so I don't have to waste another day bashing my face against the keyboard!

Thanks,

C. T.

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Charles,
Well, it is really easy, but you need to become familiar with how DevExpress works and the good thing is that all DevExpress controls are able to work with SF BBS with no problem so far in my case.  For the scheduler the only thing you need to do different is to understand the calendar mapping for the Appointments Data Source and the Resources Data Source.

in my case I have 2 SF BBS, one for Appointments and one for Resources.  All Calendar controls I have worked with, use an internal data source which you need to map your table fields with the internal data source for each one.

See attached images.

Edhy Rijo

Charles Thomas Blankenship...
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response ... I found out why the Calendar was not displaying data ... it is because I set the Appointments ResourceID column to the ID of the Resources table.  As soon as I took that attempted association away the Calendar was correctly creating, reading, updating and deleting from the Appointments table.

The problem is, obviously, is that I need that Resource association.  I've compared the settings in my application to the settings in the Scheduler Example from DevExpress, and they are exact. 

Both business objects are loaded with the corresponding data at the exact same time ... in the Form_Load event ... so there is no problems there.

Stumped ... time to head over to the DevExpress forums ... I believe ... unless you have some more advice ;-).

C. T.

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
I found the problem with the Calendar not populating ... it is because I had populated the ResourceID field.  As soon as I removed that from the Mappings for the Appointments the Calendar populated ... but with no resource information.  Here is a link for a more detailed look at the settings ... I also linked a word document here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h621q903mangajy/Scheduler_Resource%20Problem%20for%20Edhy.docx

Thanks again,

C. T.

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
I finally completed a work around that fixed the problem ... I removed the bbsApptResourceBO from the Resource Data Source ... leaving it blank.  I then placed this code in the Form_Load event:

ApptResourcesBO.fillAll();
    Object resourceID = new Object();
   DataTable dtSyatemUsers = ApptResourcesBO.getAll();
   foreach (DataRow drUser in dtSyatemUsers.Rows)
      {
         resourceID = Convert.ToInt32(drUser["apr_UniqueID"]);
         Resource resourceUser = new Resource(resourceID, Convert.ToString(drUser["apr_ResourceName"]));
         schedulerStorage.Resources.Add(resourceUser);
      }

Seemed to work ... time to move off this knarly problem ... would love to find out what the hitch in the giddy-up was.  Setting this up the correct way should have been the proper solution ... oh well ... when time is of the essence!

C. T.

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...