Default location of Connections.dat

Author
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Running Windows 8.1 and just discovered for some reason that the default connections.dat being used is the one in the same folder as the executable I am running. How is this possible? I thought on Windows 8 it was in the ProgramData/Microfour/ConnectionData folder on the local c: drive of the local workstation. I have the executable running on a server.

The issue with it being in the same drive on the server with the executable is if 1 user changes to a different connection, it changes it for everyone else on the server.

Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)
My prior message here.... I am aware that this happens with a shared settings file by design. My issue is:

I changed the connection in data connections on my local PC. It appeared to change the connections.dat in the release folder where the application exe is located. So my question is why the location of connections.dat an appkeys.dat in this folder? Running Windows 8.1
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Never mind!!!!! Wish I could just delete this post. Found it...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...