BO Translations and Events

Author
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Ben,

I would like to ask a question about BO Translations and Events as follows :

Suppose that i have BO1 on a Form And Have BO2 on a child Form.

I have also hooked the following  events on BO1  :
 -BeforeUnDo
 -BeforeDelete

I declared a translation between them as in below picture :

My problem is :

My events on BO1 during translation and not fired with BO2.

Is there a problem in translationing events to target BO?

Or is this by design?

Please advice...

Kind regards...

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Hector,
I believe this is done by design.

Normally when using a BO translation from one control (a form or user control) to another SF will simply copy all records in BO1 to BO2, you can then handle the events in either BO2 or when going back to the control with BO1.

Of course both BOs must be of the same type for the translation to work.

Edhy Rijo

hector
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Hi Edhy,

Thanks for your help.

I think i should change the logic of PushEventsFrom method in businesslayer.vb and let the events of source to copy Destination .

Kind regards
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...