DDT Error

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

For some reason DDT can’t find the messaging database (see attachment).  I’m assuming that it’s looking for the database named StrataFrame which does exist on my SQL server and contains the message key. The application connection in DDT points to the StrataFrame database. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing v1.5 but that doesn’t fix the problem.

-Larry

Attachments
DDTError.png (118 views, 90.00 KB)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yes, Larry, that seems to be happening to everyone.  I am working on embedding the localized messages within the assembly in XML files, and I will let you know when we post the update.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)

I got around the messaging database errors by importing the messages into the StrataFrameInternal database. I thought there was just the StrataFrame DB. Now that I’ve got that going I find that DDT does not appear to support the creation of a foreign key relationship based on a compound primary key. Is that correct or am I missing something. If not do you plan on adding that capability? Also the capability to import relationships would be great. I find it easier to develop a database in Visio or Erwin but it would be nice to be able to use DDT to deploy it along with the initial data.

-Larry

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
The only way to define a relationship based on a compound primary key is to create multiple relationships for the "compound relationship" (one per field pair).  So, if you have 2 fields in the primary key, then you can define 2 separate relationships within the DDT, but you cannot create a single relationship that contains both keys.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
I've tried defining two relationships but haven't been able to get that to work (see attachmet). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Everything works fine for non-compound keys.

-Larry

Attachments
DDTError2.png (131 views, 151.00 KB)
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor

This may or may not be related to the issue in my previous post regarding compound foreign keys but I’ve found that when I import a database the primary key index is not being created. In order to create the index I have to go to the Modify Table Structure screen and uncheck and re-check the Primary Key box on the Primary Key field and save the modification.  

There is a similar issue when adding the messaging and localization tables via the profile menu. The automatically generated stored procedures for the MessageItems and MessageLanguages are being created with blank names. Opening the Table Properties for each table and un-checking and re-checking the ‘Create INSERT Stored Procedure’ followed by save fixes the problem.

Lastly I added the Security Tables using the latest security package to my database. When I try to create the package I get an error message (see attachment). However if I exit DDT and rerun it I can create the package. If I try to create a package more than once I get the error and have to exit DDT.

-Larry

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Larry,

Thanks...you are right about the indexes not being created.  This is something that we have recently learned of and so we will add it to the "To-Do" list. Smile  As for the security errors, do you have a more specific error that we can look at?  Thanks.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...