File Access Denied on Package File

Author
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Using the prebuilt dialogs for deploying the DDT package file. By the time the user goes to run this, everything is installed in the Program File (86) folder structure. When selecting the package file am getting "File Access Denied". Running on Windows 8.1.

How do I get past this? The prebuilt dialogs do not give me access to the source code that actually opens the package file.
Edited 10 Years Ago by Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Ross,

That is an issue with Windows 8.x in general.  Make sure your application's shortcut is configure to run as "Administrator" or better yet, do not install your application under "Program Files (x)" folder, instead create your own folders under the C: drive something like "C:\MyCompanyNameFolder\MyWonderfulApplicationFolder\" which is what I have been doing for many years and never had any of the issues you are having with the current DDT deploying dialogs and classes.

Edhy Rijo

Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)
Run as administrator took care of that. But getting this error :

I checked and all the DLLs in the same folder with the executable. Do you know what the error indicates I may be missing?

FileNotFoundException
  Could not load file or assembly 'MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Base

Stack Trace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.IO.Compression.PackageFile.ExtractFiles(Int32[] FileIndexes, PackageExtractionType ExtractionType, String ExtractionFolder, Boolean OverwriteExistingFiles)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.SQL.DatabaseMigrator.EnumDeploymentPackages(String MetaDataPkgPathAndFileName, String PkgPassword)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.Deployment.MDDeployMain.GetDeploymentDataInfo()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.Deployment.MDDeployMain.LoadDeploymentData()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.Deployment.MDDeployMain.ValidatePackage()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.DBEngine.Deployment.MDDeployMain.ManageNextAndBack(Boolean MoveNext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Edited 10 Years Ago by Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Ross,

Another thing I do is to install all my application's dlls in the same folder as the application instead of the GAC, I have seen issues with my applications to start giving errors if a prior version of the SF assemblies are in the GAC, so look again in the GAC folder and remove any SF assemblies that may have been there.

Edhy Rijo

Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Yes, deploying the 'MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma" dll's fixed the issue. Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...