Browse Dialog Search Fields

Author
Rylster
StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am using the browse dialog combo for a search field.
Is there any way to set the AutoCompleteMode.
The default seems to be for the list to jump to items that start with the last key entered.
I would like the Suggest mode the narrows down the possible item as you type.

Thanks is advance.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Rylster.

Nope, as far as I know the combo on the BrowseDialog won't let you have this functionality.

I have mine working the way you mentioned, but for this I have changed the BD source code, which I don't advice you to do unless you keep a good documentation of what you have changed to be able to do it all over again in case you install an update.

If you go this way, you would have to add 2 lines in it, on the CreateEnumCombo and on the CreateBOCombo, right where there is a "Set the combo settings" section, like the following:

.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.Append

Cheers.

Ivan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...