Multiple Business Object Libaries in a Single Solution

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have not connected to a non local server before so I have some questions before I start my new project. I will need to connect to both servers at the same time.

Also, if my thoughts are not please feel free to correct me.

=====

1. Can a Solution have more than one Business Object Library?

2. Can one of those BOL point to a SQL database on the local machine?

3. Can the other BOL point to a SQL database on a server in another state?

4. If the above is true then do I create 2 DDT's (1 for #2 and 1 for #3)?

5. Then when you Configure the BO in the Business Object Mapper chose which ever DDT is needed?

6. Some where the DataSourceKey will fit into this picture?

TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

Can you explain what is it that you are trying to accomplish with such configuration?

Also you can test all these situation really easy with a small test project.

1. Can a Solution have more than one Business Object Library?
Yes.

2. Can one of those BOL point to a SQL database on the local machine?
Yes, you can have as many connections as you want in your application.

3. Can the other BOL point to a SQL database on a server in another state?
Yes.

4. If the above is true then do I create 2 DDT's (1 for #2 and 1 for #3)?
That would really depend on what you are trying to accomplish.  DDT is simply a repository of your tables metadata, if the table structure is the same for any server you want to connect, then you just need one DDT project and you can change the connection to the database you want to update with the DDT functionality.

5. Then when you Configure the BO in the Business Object Mapper chose which ever DDT is needed?
Yes.

6. Some where the DataSourceKey will fit into this picture?

Sure.  DataSourceKey allows you to manage your BOs connection.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
I have data on a local machine that needs to go on the server at another site with some calculations and so forth first. The data structure is going to be different on each server but the results need to be moved to the other site. I thought that this would be the best way do this. But, if there is a better solution I am completely open since I am just in the planning stages.

TIA. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...