Refreshing ErrorProviders

Author
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I have a form to maintain Quotes that uses a combobox to show status values for the Quote. I want to be able to prevent the users from selecting a specific value from the combobox in some circumstances that I cannot control through the CheckRulesOnBusiness object. If I add a broken rule to a business object other than through the CheckRulesOnCurrentRow is there a way for me to refresh the error providers on the form to reflect the broken rules?

I realise I can do this manually via SetErrorProvider but I am looking for a cleaner option. Using SetErrorProvider manually requires that I call ClearErrorProvider() in the BeforeUndo()  to clear the manually set error providers.

TIA,

Andy

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Andrew,

Would it be possible to construct the proper SQL statement to just show the values user can choose from the combobox instead of showing a broken rule?

Edhy Rijo

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Thanks Edhy,

That is what I ended up doing.

I would still like to know though if it is possible to instigate a refresh of the error providers on the form via a call to a Strataframe method. 

Best regards,

Andy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...