Button Location Changes Between Design and Run

Author
William Fields
StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I've got a button on a form that won't stay put. At design time, the button is in one spot, when I run the form, it's in a different spot. Attached image shows design on left and running form on the right. I've turned of AutoSize and it is not anchored...

Any ideas?
Attachments
Button Location.PNG (90 views, 125.00 KB)
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
William,

That may be caused by the font size in the workstation where the application is running.

You can use a Toolbar with a single button instead.

Edhy Rijo

William Fields
William Fields
StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)
Shouldn't the running form look the same as the design time form when they're running on the same workstation?

FYI - the button in question is the "Pre-Built Dialogs" button in Form1 in the Database Installer sample app. I'm not familiar with the "ThemedGroupBox", but I think that's part of the issue.

Thanks.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
William Fields (12/3/2014)
Shouldn't the running form look the same as the design time form when they're running on the same workstation?

Yes, but that will depend on the font size used in the workstation where the application is running.

Are you testing this in the same computer you are using for developing?

I don't remember the code in that sample application, but other than the font, the only thing is that some code is moving the position of that button.

Edhy Rijo

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
If you're testing on a Windows 7 machine make sure the font size is set to the default (100%). Anything else my cause unexpected results. 

-Larry
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...