SF , VS2013 and Microsoft framework 4 exprience

Author
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi folks,

Is there any body who experienced SF 1.7.7.1, VS2013 and Microsoft framework 4 combination ?

Ofc, i am aware that we should change source code of SF for upgrade to framework 4.

Is this combination working without problem ?

Kind regards

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Hector,

I am using .Net 4.5 with my projects and leave SF with .Net 2.0 and it works with no problems.

I also use DevExpress which requires .Net 4.5, so I recompile the MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll with the latest DevExpress assemblies using .Net 4.5.

I have not have the needs to modify the rest of SF source code, so I just use them as is, of course this mean that I have to make sure .Net 2.0 is in all computers I install my application.

Edhy Rijo

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi Hector,

I'm doing the same as Edhy. I use the Infragistics wrapper so I've recompiled that to .Net 4.0 to support the latest version of Infragistics, but I've left the rest of the SF framework at 2.0

-Larry
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Also, I don't see a real benefit of re-compiling SF to .Net 4+ without refactoring the source code to benefit from the new features and enhancement in .Net 4+.

Edhy Rijo

hector
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)

Thanks folks.

I specially wonder about  using SF framework with Microsoft framework 4.

Kind regards
hector
hector
Hi folks ,

Just FYI :

Now i managed to run all these combination in harmony. (VS2013,  Windows VS2012 Server, MS framework 4, SF v1.7.7.1)

There is a one problem left but it's non-functional :

Every time i start VS2013 , i am asked to update toolbox.
When i say yes , toolbox updated but next start, same question asked again .

Any idea?

Kind regards..

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Hector,

hector (1/5/2015)
Every time i start VS2013 , i am asked to update toolbox.
When i say yes , toolbox updated but next start, same question asked again.

Yes, make sure you are running VS as Administrator.

Edhy Rijo

hector
hector
You are great Edhy Smile

It worked!

Thank you

Regards,

PS : BTW, need for upgrade to framework 4 was about oracle driver (ODP.NET)
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Hector,

You are welcome, I am glad it is all fine now.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...