Copy Role Error

Author
jsantos
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Sent via email as PM says your account is full.

Thanks.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I didn't get the email, but I cleared out my box.  Try a PM again please.  Thanks!
jsantos
jsantos
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
PM sent.
jsantos
jsantos
Thanks for the sample app.

Where in the app can I test the copying of a role? I can't find it.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi JSantos,

Do the following to test with the StrataFlix sample, my code is in VB
  1. Open the FixMain.vb main form.
  2. Drop a Button on top of the MainHeaderControl1 ex: Button1.
  3. Add the following code to the FixMain form:

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgsHandles Button1.Click
      ShowSecurityDialog()
End Sub

Private Sub ShowSecurityDialog()
      Dim showPermissionFlag As Boolean = False
      Dim showRestrictionSetsFlag As Boolean = False
      If MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.SecurityBasics.CurrentUser.IsAdministrator Then
          showPermissionFlag = True
          showRestrictionSetsFlag = True
      End If
      '-- Create the form and show it
      Using loDialog As New MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.SecurityDialog(showPermissionFlag, showRestrictionSetsFlag)
          loDialog.ShowDialog()
      End Using
End Sub

Now run the application and login with the current credentials then click your button and the Security Editor will show up.
You will have no data there since there is no really a Security metadata shipped with StrataFlix, but you can create users
and roles and then test if you can copy those roles as in your real application.

See this short video showing the same steps (sorry no audio)
http://screencast.com/t/HVxL8Fn2

Hope this help you figure out your issue.

Edhy Rijo

jsantos
jsantos
Thanks Edhy for the tip.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Great post, Edhy.  I appreciate your help.  Sorry I didn't get back sooner, got caught up in the mire yesterday afternoon.
jsantos
jsantos
I am able to replicate the issue using the same steps mentioned in first post.

jsantos
jsantos
Sorry for the short post. I am looking at way maybe to record my steps. Is there anything else I can give you to help?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
You can just capture video of it if you want.  Use something like Camtasia or Snagit Video (same company) then post it someplace.  The problem is that I know something is going on within your environment.  Which gives me an idea.  Do you have a VM environment you can use?  I am wondering if you use clean SF assemblies (those straight from us and not compiled through the SF source code you downloaded) and re-create the sample environment in a VM if we can work off of that. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...