Copy Role Error

Author
jsantos
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hello, 

We have an issue where a user is trying to copy a role via the Role Based Security Editor. There is no error if they try and edit an existing role and try to change the Default Action.

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated. 

Steps to Reproduce

• Right click on a role in Security Editor, and select Copy Role
  • Click the radio button 'Create new Role' and press OK. 
  • Give the role a name (don't think this matters)
  • click on the 'Permissions' tab.
  • Select an item
  • Under the 'Default Action' drop down, choose anything and and receive an error.
"BusinessLayerException
  The CurrentRow for table '[dbo].[SFSPermissions]' could not be evaluated because the CurrentRowIndex is out of range.  Business object record count: 0.  CurrentRowIndex: -1.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Business

Stack Trace: 
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.get_CurrentRow()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.RoleEditor.SaveData(TreeNode Node, SetDataPiece SetPiece)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.RoleEditor.cboAction_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I've been trying to reproduce this and haven't had any luck.  Are you trying to do this in a development environment or in a production environment within your application?
jsantos
jsantos
StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (26 reputation)
It happens in both. It was first reported by customer then I am able to replicate it in our development environment.
jsantos
jsantos
I have been trying with SQL Profiler to find what is missing but no luck yet.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
What version of SF are you running?  Even looking back, I haven't seen where this has been a problem.  Also, we have thousands of users and if this was a core issue I am pretty sure it would have been caught by now.  So let's focus on your environment and see if we can inspect the structures.  First things first, have you installed the StrataFlix sample before?  I am curious if you have any issues running that.
jsantos
jsantos
Thank you for the quick replies Trent.

We are using version 1.7.0.6.

I have never installed StrataFlix, actually I don't even know what that is. I don't think anyone else here does, as most of the development team is new here and we inherited all projects.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Gotcha....well, StrataFlix is a sample app that you can download through the My Account area.  It comes with a database as well as the source code.  It uses RBS as well, so my thinking was that you could try and load this and see if you are still getting an exception.  If not, then let's create a quick sample application on your side, then you give me that source and I will see if it fails on my side.  We are going to need to be able to debug what you are doing to get to the bottom of the issue...but I expect it is data related.  I think that there is a broken foreign key or something along those lines in your database that is potentially causing the problem.  So I was think that we should start from scratch and create a sample and a new project.  It doesn't need much, just a role and a permission.  Then we can try the development environment first.  If that works, then we can move on to the production environment.
jsantos
jsantos
Thanks Trent for the info.

I will download the StrataFlix sample app and test it here. Your foreign key comment may just point me in the right direction.

I will report back my findings.

thanks again.
jsantos
jsantos
Hi Trent, When I go through the My Account download area nothing is listed to download.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Send me a PM with your serial number so I can line up your account.  Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...