Design Time Error with WebBusinessBindingSource BusinessObjectName property

Author
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I have a Strataframe Web Project Solution that has just started to generate the following error when I click on the the BusinessObjectName drop down list on the property sheet of any WebBusinessBindingSource control in our solution.
I have to explictly type the BusinessObjectName into the property sheet for the WebBusinessBindingSource and the devexpress aspxgrid based on the WebBusinessBindingSource no longer displays the BO fields names in its run-time designer.

<<
FileNotFoundException
  Could not load file or assembly 'VictoriaDB_BOL, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source     : mscorlib

Stack Trace:
   at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_Signature()
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_PropertyType()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Web.BasePage.GetBusinessObjectInfos()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Web.BasePage.GetBusinessObjectNames()
   at ?..ctor(IWindowsFormsEditorService A_0, String A_1, Object A_2)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.BusinessObjectNameTypeEditor.EditValue(ITypeDescriptorContext context, IServiceProvider provider, Object value)
>>

I have also attached a screenshot of the error.

VictoriaDB_BOL is a StrataFrame business object library. The project for this library is part of the solution and a reference exists for it in the main project of the solution. I have cleaned and rebuilt the solution and it builds and runs without error. We just get this error at design time.

Other Web Projects that use the same solution structure and the same BO library continue to work correctly at design time.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received,

Andy
Attachments
wbbs.jpg (166 views, 196.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Andy.

Have you checked your project's Target framework (2.0, 3.5, 4.5, etc)? Maybe one of the dependencies won't run on the targeted framework set on this solution.

Best.

Ivan
Edited 9 Years Ago by Ivan George Borges
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The solution consists of 3 projects each targeting .Net Framework 4.0. I The development environment is VS2010 professional.

best regards, Andy
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
This problem has been rectified but I am not entirely sure how. I deleted the project reference to the BOL in the main project and re-entered  the project reference to the BOL closed the solution and then started the solution and things are working correctly again.

I had done this previously more than once and the problem did not resolve itself - if I determine the cause I will repost.

Andy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...