Visual Studio 2015, Universal Windows Apps, WPF?????

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi everybody,

I am very excited with the new technology coming out soon from Microsoft and would like to get the impression of what are you guys thinking about it.

Visual Studio 2015, pack with ton of enhancements and productivity, support for the new Universal Windows App. also check out the Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

Based on the tools required for creating the new UWA, XAML, WPF and Blend would be the best way to deal with these new applications.  DevExpress which is my library of choice, is investing a lot in XAML and WPF support, even though, the majority of their customers are still using Windows Form applications, so this will continue for several years.

I believe that Windows 10 along with all its surrounded products will revolutionize the way we think about custom database applications.  This is a big change that will touch everybody in the IT industry, developers, network and database administrators, end users, etc.  Since I started developing applications with dBase III+, I still have very fresh in my mind, when Microsoft was about to release Visual FoxPro and the challenges we faced to learn the new tool, then VB.Net with the help of SF and now Universal Windows Applications with WPF, XAML & Blend. 

In my opinion Microsoft direction of having the community more involve in the outcome of their products will benefit all of us, Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10 are great samples of that direction.

What you guys think about it????

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...