VS 2013 and Strataframe version 1.7.6.0

Author
Marcel Heitlager
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I understand that there is a Strataframe 1.7.7.X version out.  However, the older version seems to work fine with VS 2013 with a couple of exceptions.  I added templates manually to the ItemTemplates subfolders.

I have an issue with the Childform Dialog property sheet.  Can't add business object translation properties or select a child form.  The editor window opens up and quickly closes and the Checking Assemblies wait window stays on the screen.  Also I can't create a Strataframe toolbox tab with the menu item.  VisualStudio.Shell throws error ArgumentNullException: Value Cannot be null. Parameter name:sp

My question is, have there been compatibility updates implemented for vs 2013 regarding those issues in the Strataframe maintenance releases since 1.7.6?  Or is this an issue related to the way I manually added Strataframe to VS 2013?

I just want to be sure before I shell out money for the subscription renewal.  Hate to do so, right now, only for the issue to still be there.

Thanks,

Marcel
Marcel Heitlager
Marcel Heitlager
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
OK.  So I updated my subscription and downloaded the latest version. The toolbox issue went away, and at first the ChildFormDialog issue remained.
However, I added a new test form.  Added the ChildformDialog object to it, and then for some reason it worked on that form as well as all the old forms.

So, go figure!
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Marcel,

Seems like the ChildFormDialog issue you were having was resolved in the new release and VS had to update the references.  If you put the assemblies into the GAC, the actual Version didn't change, only the File Version.  So, the issues with VS/Fusion not updating the assembly used from the GAC would cause a problem. 

Kinda like how you have to run your application twice in debug when you update the GAC assemblies in a post-build script for the new GAC assemblies to get used.  

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you now.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...