Converting to 4.5.2 ...

Author
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Just converted to 4.5.2 and received the following problem:

If MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ApplicationTheme.Theme <> System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationThemeName.NoTheme Then
            lblTitle.ForeColor = MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ApplicationTheme.ThemeProperties.BorderColor
            lblMessage.ForeColor = MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ApplicationTheme.ThemeProperties.BorderColor
        End If

It is located in the class FromLockPanel within the MicroFour StrataFrame Security solution.  The error is 'ApplicationThemeName' is not a member of 'Forms'  Evidently my Google foo is not what is should be as I searched rather ardently for a solution.

Finally, I simply commented it out as it appears to be an area of code my implementations rarely visit.  Still, I'd like to know what is going on.

Kindest of regards,

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
CT, when we switched to 4.5.2, I had to change a bunch of places that said Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK/Cancel to System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK/Cancel.  For some reason, maybe because of a new Windows.Forms namespace, you have to qualify Windows.Forms with System.  I think your code used to say "MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ApplicationTheme.Theme <> Windows.Forms.ApplicationThemeName.NoTheme" and you might have used some sort of automated method to upgrade to 4.5.2.  Maybe VS even did it for you, I don't know.  That automated method probably saw Windows.Forms with nothing in front of it and added System to it.  That enum is in the MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms namespace, not System.Windows.Forms.  So, if you change the If test to "MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ApplicationTheme.Theme <> MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ApplicationThemeName.NoTheme", then you will be fixed.
Charles Thomas Blankenship...
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Yawp ... that did it Ben ... thanks!

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...