Client's Machine

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Is the SQL Server Instance and Database name stored somewhere on the Client's Machine?
I am having a connection issue on one of my clients and I have made him go thru the new connection routine and it seems to work until he goes to access the data and then it does not find the database?
It seems to be that he has a . in his sql connection somehow and that really is causing some grief. 
I thought maybe if the connection info was stored somewhere I would delete it and then try it.
TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

Connection information is stored in the files in %ProgramData%\MicroFour\ConnectionData\ you can delete those files and your application will ask for the connection information again.

Sometimes, depending on the OS your application is installed, your application must be running "As Administrator" to be able to modify those files in the ProgramData folder since this folder may be restricted by the OS, so the end user may finish entering the connection info, but at the end it will not be saved due to insufficient OS rights.

Also, of course, you need to know the SQL Server, due to firewalls and other issues, the SF Connection Manager may not be able to find the server for you and your end user will have to manually enter either the Server IP or UNC Name, etc.

Edhy Rijo

Edited 9 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
OK great info. Thank you so much. 
Now I have a new avenue to try.

And some things to make sure are happening..

Thanks so much.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...