Error with ChildFormDialog

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Using Win 10, VS2013 and latest version of SF1.7
Have not created a Parent - Child form situation in a long time. But, created a parent and child form this morning and added the same 2 Bo's to both of the  forms. Added a ChildFormDialog control. Set it up with the Child Form name. Then I added one of the Bo's as a child just making sure I remembered how to do that. Put a button on the parent form to load the child form and all seemed to work. I did not have any fields on the child form. Wanted to make sure I could get there and back without any error.
Then I wanted to add the Parent BO to the childformdialog and the form to allow that to happen Flashes and immediately goes away and shows the Searching... window but nothing ever happens. 
1. Reinstalled Strataframe. Went back and tried to added another BO to the ChildFormDialog and got the same error. So I created another parent form but this time I added both BO's to the CFD at one time and then I put some parent table fields on the Child form and All Worked good but I thought I would just see what happens if I tried to add another BO to the CFD. Get the same error???????
2. The forms I have seem to work but what is happening when I try to add another BO? I don't need to in this case but something certainly is not working. I don't have anything special. One SF maintenance forms and 4 fields from Parent table and 2 buttons. One to Exit and one to call child Form.
3. If someone needs more info please let me know.
TIA.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I will try to reproduce this one.  I'm pretty sure the ITypeDiscoveryService object is used on that search form, and we had to change the way we acquire the object through the VSPackage.  My guess is VS is snuffing an exception to keep itself from crashing.
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
I have been fiddling with this since my first post. I just found out what the issue was- IS.
On the child form I decided to try a Button Class I bought from Namtuk called MyCommandButtonNet. 
I finally decided to delete it from my project and all is well. I am not sure what it was doing or not doing but has anyone else experienced such behavior? Does anyone else use their class?
I would like any followup you could give me. 
TIA.
Buffie
Buffie
No that did not do it!
It did it and then I got out of project and came back in to the same issues but I have no commandbuttons that are not SF now.
Now I am trying to attach a binding field to a datetimepicker (SF) and I am getting the attached error?

Holly Molly I am not sure what is going on.
TIA.
Attachments
BindingField.PNG (174 views, 5.00 KB)
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

I've seen that index error before, do the following:
  1. Clean up your Solution.
  2. Close VS
  3. Open VS and your project
  4. Rebuild solution
  5. Now try to do the binding and it should work.
Good luck!!!

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
That did it. Thank you so much.
Now I have to decide whether it was the MyCommandButtonNet or not.
I guess a simple project would be best just as a test.
Thanks again.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

Glad it worked for you too.

For the future, this trick will work whenever things stop working on the VS IDE.  Keep in mind that SF uses some extensible classes to provide us with the goodies for binding, looking for a BO, etc. and sometimes VS memory gets pretty crazy.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
I have had it happen before but all I did was close down and reload. This time that did not work. Thank you so much.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...